September 27, 2016

The Ballcap Buddy

We are a ballcap wearing family, and I finally found the best way to clean them!


We would wash our caps in the washing machine, and they would get ruined. So we either bought a new cap (and caps are not cheap) or didn't wash it (and that got gross). I went back and forth with buying a Ballcap Buddy for years. I just didn't like the idea of putting a dirty cap in the dishwasher or wasting money on water to wash it alone. I gave in when hubby so badly wanted his newest cap to be cleaned and not ruined. I bought the Ballcap Buddy, and it saved our favorite caps. It's intended for the top shelf of dishwasher or top load washing machines. It's very specific to not use in front load washing machines. I do the short cycle of dishwasher and take it out to dry by leaving it on the ball cap buddy til dry. Wish I bought it years ago. Better late than never.


This cap was my guinea pig. I figured I couldn't ruin it more than it already was. I went to town with Goop (see GOT GOOP post from 2/27/16), let it sit for 20 minutes and threw it in the dishwasher. Came out brand new. I almost cried.


before
 after

I bought my Ballcap Buddy from the LIDS store for $5.99. Amazon carries them for $7.95 with Prime shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Ballcap-Buddy-Cap-Washer/dp/B0013FGVW2


I don't know if the type of dishwasher soap makes a difference. I use Cascade Platinum ActionPacs. It is not only amazing on our dishes, it works great on the caps.
https://www.amazon.com/Cascade-Platinum-ActionPacs-Dishwasher-Detergent/dp/B00O7Y9DGW/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ie=UTF8&qid=1474997343&sr=8-1&keywords=dishwasher+detergent

5 comments: