March 14, 2012

24 weeks

How far along: 24 weeks!

His size: About the length of an ear of corn

Total weight gain: What a splendid question! 26 pounds. The only reason I’m ok with it is because I am exercising and I don’t look like I’ve put on 26 pounds. I’m curious and excited to see how it all comes off.

Maternity Clothes: My non maternity pink pj pants, yoga pants and fitted tshirts are what I’m most comfy in. I dislike very much wearing jeans. Since he’s so low, the band on my skinny jeans gets pushed down by my belly. So I’m constantly pulling them up. But, they look so cute with everything! My black work pants have become quite snug.

Food cravings: I eat more than I have ever eaten in my life. I have to be sure to have a snack with me at all times just in case. I crave sautéed spinach for dinner a lot. Cold apples, cold oranges. I like sweets way more than I used to. I have more control these days vs a month ago of being able to say no. Thank goodness. There was a moment a couple of weeks ago when all I wanted for dinner was molton chocolate cake from Chili’s (the only thing I like from there), powdered donuts, and chocolate chip cookies. I didn’t do it, but I wanted to. I enjoy Mexican food a ton, but I do like to eat a variety of things.

Food aversions: I still can’t bring myself to eat grilled chicken. I like it cooked every other way. I will only eat chunks of grilled chicken in a dish I make with pasta, goat cheese, tomatoes & basil. But please don’t make me eat a plain grilled chicken breast. I wonder if that will change after Baby A comes. I used to eat it for dinner at least 2x/wk.

What I miss: Being able to take a deep breath easily, not getting out of breath so easily, going potty like a normal person, sleeping without pain in my legs, being able to bend over (I use my toes to pick things up if at all possible. I despise dropping things), sitting down comfortably, sitting on the bed comfortably (it's truly amazing how uncomfortable it is to just sit on our bed) and cute clothes. Now why oh why would they come out with the cutest colored skinny jeans ever the one season I can’t wear them? Do I buy a pair in my old size as a goal?

Sleep: Oh to sleep. I don’t sleep well. I pee 4-6 times/night. That started in the very beginning. A month ago, this terrible pain started in my back, and my legs would hurt all night. The back pain went away, but the leg pain is pretty bad. I have a high tolerance for pain and this keeps me up. I am now going from bed to couch to bed to couch to relieve the pain. I use the couch to sit up and sleep. When I’m ready to be on my side again, I go back to the bed. The bed usually lasts an hour or 2 before I need to go to couch again.

Symptoms I have: Well not really any symptoms other than the pain in my legs. This is the best I’ve felt the entire pregnancy and I’m on little sleep. I thoroughly enjoy exercising. It’s not easy to do a push up or chair lift with 26 extra pounds, but I’m working on it! Fast walking on the treadmill is no piece of cake either.

Stretchmarks: None

Doctor’s Appointment: Last appointment was at 22 weeks. His heart beat was 147 bpm. Placenta is low, so we’ll have an ultrasound at the next visit to see if it’s moved up.

Movement: He is busy! At 19 ½ weeks, I started feeling him every day, through out the day. I feel him rolling and punching and kicking all the time. He uses my bladder as his opponent sometimes. I still feel flutter movements. I feel bad that he wakes up a lot of times when I move or go to the restroom during the night. I wonder if he’s a light sleeper. Scott sneezed in the middle of the night SO loud, and he moved. I felt bad for him. I absolutely love feeling him. It still makes me giggle.

Best moment this week: I have 2. 1-Having my husband at home for the first time in a month. We watched Twilight for the first time. We both loved it, although he won’t admit it. 2-Getting Baby A’s room painted. It’s beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. holy blog posts!! you were a busy woman! I loved reliving all of last year! and, yes, you will like grilled chicken again, but even after your pregnant, you might still love desserts too. :)

    ReplyDelete