March 14, 2012

My 2 Romantic's

In the middle of Scott's busy February, we celebrated Valentine's Day. I love Valentine’s Day. Probably because mom always made it so special for us, just as she did every holiday (I still get an Easter basket…and now so does Scott…hmmmm was that my last Easter basket last year?) Well Scott’s definitely a romantic. We may not go crazy on Valentine’s day, but we sure do get mushy with each other. I used to always think I was the one who gave out the best cards. I have met my match. He picks out some pretty awesome cards. So, I wake up on Valentine’s morning, NOT wanting to get out of bed, and the baby just starts going to town. I’d never felt him that much first thing in the morning. It was as though he was telling me Happy Valentine’s Day, Mommy, knowing how much I love this day full of pink and hearts. I had no problem getting out of bed with a huge smile after I told him "Happy Valentine’s Day Baby." I bet he takes after his Daddy…another romantic. Fine with me! I walked out to my car and my first card is on my windshield. Another huge smile. I got pink roses delivered to me at work. Another huge smile. We ate at Bourbon street for dinner…excellent dinner with an excellent Mississippi Mud Pie for dessert (and I don't normally eat dessert). We decided to exchange names for Baby A at dinner. We’d been working on our lists for a few weeks. I had 5 names on my list and Scott had something like 11. He couldn’t have narrowed it down a little? We immediately discussed and marked off some that we just could not live with. We’re down to 9. It looks like we’re going to narrow it down to 2 or 3 and take them with us to the hospital. We would rather wait to meet him. And we’re not sharing til then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment